Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cubs sweep Sox in 3 games.....

The Cubs swept the crosstown rivals, White Sox this past weekend with good pitching, heads up defense and clutch hitting. None of the above have been Cubbie's traits this year, and for that matter, the past twenty five years or so. Inept, erratic and overpaid is the usual description for the pitching department.

Sox Manager Ozzie Guillen had this to say:
"I was very [expletive deleted] proud that my [expletive deleted] lineup proved me the [expletive deleted] wrong," Guillen said. "I guess I owe Hawk Harrelson a [expletive deleted] dinner because he [expletive deleted] said we'd score more than one [expletive deleted] run. I already dread listening to his boring [expletive deleted] stories over mashed [expletive deleted] potatoes."

As Cubs fans celebrated their team's highly successful weekend, Sox fans continued the after-game tradition of chanting "Cubs suck" along 35th Street. Amazingly there were no punches thrown between fans with the exception of one highly inebriated Sox fan swinging a fist at a blue light pole he mistook for a very tall and skinny Cubs fan.

No comments: